The summer is right around the corner, and thousands of Americans are planning vacations and trips. Traveling on a budget can be tricky, but it is not impossible. The key is to plan ahead, and try to the make the most out of what you have. Contact your credit card company beforehand to find out what kind of deals they have to offer. Many have rebate programs for travel expenses. If you are using a rental car, find out if your insurance covers you in case of an accident. You can save quite a bit by forgoing the car rental insurance policy.
The following is a list of tips and tricks to make your summer vacation the best ever.
1. Get a good deal on a hotel. Unless you are staying with friends or family, you will probably be in the market for a good hotel room. Normally, you can spend your entire budget on hotels and motels. I suggest trying a site like priceline.com. You can name your own price, and get some really great deals on rooms and car rentals.
2. Plan your trip out beforehand. Spend some time mapping out your trip, highlighting areas that you plan to visit. There will most likely be a few pit stops along the way. Planning ahead will help ensure that you have enough money to cover all of your activities. Don’t forget to factor in souvenirs and snacks.
3. Keep the kids entertained! Traveling with young ones can be a challenge. You want to have plenty of activities and toys to keep them occupied. Try looking at CouponChief.com for some great coupons for toys and travel gear. Don’t forget books and magazines as well. The trip will go faster, and you won’t have to field as many “are we there yet?” cries.
Florida Vacation Rentals, Condos, Villas & Lodging
– Almost anywhere in Florida you can go golfing, boating, fishing, bicycling, kayaking or enjoy fresh seafood. Explore exotic, tropical plants and see wildlife in Everglades National Park or check out the nightlife in one of the state’s major cities.
4. Don’t forget the tunes. Stock up on your families favorite CDs and tapes. Include a few titles for each family member to help keep the peace. Try a discount music store, or look for a coupon on an e-coupon site.
5. Be easy on the gas pedal. If you are driving, you may be concerned about the high gas prices. You can save a significant amount of your gas budget by planning ahead. Make sure that your tires are properly inflated, and that your car is in good working order. Staying at a constant speed will also help you save on your gas bill.
Melanie Breeze, avid online shopper and user of http://CouponChief.com, is always shopping around for the best deals. You can find gardening http://www.couponchief.com discount coupon codes at CouponChief, all in one location. Always find a free coupon 1st before making ANY purchase!